The Strand Hotel has developed this access statement to inform guests of some common issues that you may face whilst staying away from home.
• You can contact us by telephone, email and online to check availability.
• All staff are aware of how to deal with enquiries via type talk.
• All enquiries will be dealt with efficiently and brochure requests posted the same day.
• Hotel information can be sent in large print.
• On receipt of booking conformation, invoice and terms and conditions are sent along with a brochure detailing directions to the hotel.
• Further directions can be sent for guests arriving from the train station, airport, via public transport or on foot.
• We would be happy to arrange hire of any accessibility aids required.
• If you require transfers via accessible taxi service from the train/coach station or the airport please advise.
• Guide dogs are welcome.
• We are situated on North Promenade.
• Limited car parking is available to the front of the hotel.
• There is 1 designated disabled space, this is subject to availability it is advisable to book in advance.
• Unlimited, free on street car parking is available to either side of the hotel.
• Vehicles are permitted to park on the road directly outside the front entrance whilst loading/offloading.
• A 1:20 gradient slope provides access to the automatic swing door front entrance.
• Alternatively you can enter the hotel through the revolving door.
• Doors are locked for security whenever reception is closed.
• Doors can be accessed via your room key or by pressing the door bell to summon a staff member.
• Reception is directly situated at the entrance to the hotel.
• There is seating available.
• If reception is unmanned a member of the reception team can be summoned by ringing the accessible bell in reception.
• There is a high reception desk so an alternative accessible area is available if necessary for check in.
• No induction loop system at present.
• All guests are given relevant information on the hotel and shown to their bedroom.
• Assistance with luggage is available.
• There is a lift to all floors.
• All public areas are well lit.
• There are 4 flights of stairs throughout the hotel.
• Landings and corridors are carpeted and wide enough for wheelchair access
• All public areas are wheelchair accessible.
• There are; 2 bar lounges.
• A dining room.
• A Business Centre with free computer and internet use. Magazines and books are available for guest use throughout stay.
• A Games room consisting of pool table, a dart board, and gaming machines.
• There is a fully disabled accessible toilet on the ground floor.
• Gents and Ladies Facilities (limited access) are situated on the first floor by the business centre.
• Our dining room is situated on the ground floor.
• It is fully accessible with a choice of seating and wheelchair access.
• Waiter/waitress service is available.
• Menus available in large print if required of staff to assist.
• Special dietary requirements catered for with advance notification.
• We have 2 bar lounges both are fully accessible.
• Our entertainment lounge is on the ground floor and the other bar is situated on the first floor.
• A Laundry service is available.
• 24hrs turnaround is needed from collection.
• There is a charge for this service.
• A selection of overnight hospitality products are available from reception.
• Postcards, stamps and posting service are also available.
• We can provide conference facilities with hire of media systems and refreshments.
• Functions and special occasions can be catered for.
• There are 20 rooms with direct lift access.
• We have 1 fully accessible room with en-suite wet room, comfort shower seat and grab rails.
• There are a further 13 rooms accessible by stairs.
• We have a selection of kingsize, double, twin, single and family rooms.
• All bedrooms have digital freeview televisions with remote control and teletext.
• All rooms are en-suite, 9 rooms have baths with rain showers over the bath, grab rails are standard, non-slip bath mats are available on request.
• The remaining bathrooms have showers, there is a small step up into the shower.
• All bathrooms have non-slip flooring.
• Staff are always happy to assist whenever possible if and when required - please ask.
• Lift available to all floors and is large enough to hold a wheelchair user.
• Lift buttons illuminate and audio instructions are given.
• Guide dogs are welcome.
• General information can be made available if necessary.
• The fire alarm is audible only. Please contact reception staff' if specific emergency evacuation arrangements are required.
The Strand Hotel
326/328 North Promenade
Telephone: (01253) 623320
Hours of operation: Reception is open from 7.30am - 11pm daily with a duty manager available at all times.
Summoned by a bell during the night.
Emergency number: (01253) 623320
Dial 100 from your room telephone
Local equipment hire companies: We can arrange hire of wheelchairs or any accessibility aids.
Local public transport numbers:
Blackpool Transport (bus and tram)
General Enquiries (01253) 473000
Ticket Enquiries (01253) 473001
Local accessible taxi numbers:
The Strand Hotel
Telephone: 01253 623320