At the Strand Hotel, we take environmental issues very seriously and like to "do our bit" We are proud to hold the Green Tourism Business Scheme Silver Environmental Award and here are some of the ways that helped us achieve this:
- Guests are encouraged to place towels on rails if they do not require changing and to leave newspapers and glass beside the waste bin for collection.
- We replaced the heating system with 2 energy efficient boilers built into a self contained boiler room. Extensive work including excavation was needed to build this and now each floor of the hotel is zoned enabling us to switch off all power and heating to areas not occupied.
- We recycle all cardboard, glass, waste oil, kitchen waste and paper. Peelings etc. and shredded paper is taken by our chef to his allotment for compost. He in turn produces some of the finest homegrown produce; some of which he uses at the hotel! See for yourself in our gallery!
- Energy efficient bulbs are used where possible and our team of staff makes sure that all lighting and heating is turned off when not in use.
- To save on our water consumption, during our refurbishment program, we replaced all toilets to those with a dual flush and we also took out many baths and replaced them with showers, this cuts down on up to 66% of water usage, although some rooms are still available with baths so please let us know if you require one!
We also hold awards for Walkers and Cyclists Welcome and comply with the necessary requirements of this scheme.
How can you benefit?
We discount 10% off all accommodation to you when traveling to Blackpool using public transport, simply by showing us your ticket on arrival*
*terms and conditionals apply